I’m
a student so being receptive to most sounds outside my window isn’t apparent. In
the room I tend to get more embellished in my work than to the sounds present outside. In my case many students have this shared experience with the absent of sound
when engaged into our studies. Only hearing the keyboards when they type. No
walking around or hearing people outside just your own movements.
Many students could agree they don't walk the street of their neighborhood and
talk to people around their neighborhood because we’re busy with typing and
completing work. Our travel takes most of our time and the consent tunnel
vision we may subject ourselves cancels out most sounds. In the lower ranges of
sounds recording in my audio file can be associated with sounds we miss like nature
the birds, wind and the movement. This is our reminder of what we are missing
when we lose touch of our environment. Our ambition is great, but it leads us
to this on and off mode that is replicated in the sound of turning a lamp on
and off. The background noise becomes fainter as our ambition elevate the
sounds of nature become unnecessary. Living near the 5 train is interesting I’m
not annoyed or frustrated it just becomes apart of my normal something to sleep
too and sometimes I find comfort knowing there are people there in the distances.
My eardrums are always busy never really resting and shutting out noise tends
to be difficult when sleeping so I embrace it.
Comments
Post a Comment